The other day I lost my eye mask that I sleep with (yes I sleep with an eye mask. The sun decides to say hi in the earliesssst of hours so it's a must). I was trying to explain to Shaun that I needed to find it because it is now a security thing in order to sleep. He laughed at me saying that I have only had it for 2 weeks. I argued saying it was at least a month. Then he said the words that hit me so hard that I didn't even know it hit me...until the now.
"we have only been out here in GA for a month"
No way. At least 2! right??
I can't believe it has been only 1 month because of how hard I'm missing people. But I guess at the same time it has gone fast (by the look of my apartment that isn't even all the way moved into yet).
I am learning more about the Georgia scene though, such as:
-never shower until you are completely done going outside for the day. Even just a walk down to the main office requires one. HUMIDITY IS MY ENEMY
-have your 2 quarters ready to pay at the toll if you are going into atlanta
-from the people I have talked to, at least in the area that I am at, non-members don't hate the Church. You are just another believer that believes kind of along the same lines as them. So very open to talk about christianity, even at the pool. I like it that way.
-back to the sun, it hits you hard here (ash, no wonder you were always black). There are always the same 2 older women at the pool that I call "the leathered ladies." Their black skin might come off soon.
-i have a new love for ceiling fans.
-when it rains, it pours. therefore do not drive in it.
-i understand country music a lot more being down here. (funny, but true)
-GREEN is (or should be) the state color.
-FIREFLIES ARE REAL!
stay tuned for more obvious Georgia findings.
ps, we are in Stone MT this week for one of Shaun's trainings.
It is fun going on a little vacation that's free!
at the end of the day, I know this is where we are supposed to be. .
even if it has only been ONE MONTH
you are being soooo tan these days! jealous! that georgia sun does some good!
ReplyDelete