I love birthdays. I try to think back to why I love birthdays so much and I think it has to do with my Mom making our day just that--OUR DAY! Breakfast, lunch, and dinner was your choice (lunch was usually some fast food that you requested, delivered to the high school. Oh boy, did you look cool with that wendy's bag or what!) And my personal favorite: my birthday in 9th grade where my Mom had flowers delivered to my class and everyone was ooo-ing and ah-ing asking me which boy they were from. *Should have just made up a name, Nicole. Make up a name!*
We always blew out candles. I have so many memories of turning off all the lights so the flames would shine bright. Then your family sings happy birthday (with the added line "and many more..on channel four..your pants will ripppp!" did anybody else experience that?) Then that moment where you blow the candles out and the whole room is completely dark and you just think, "dang. i love birthdays."
People seem to come out of the woodwork on your birthday. People that you haven't heard from in a quite a while reach out with a birthday salutation and some small talk. That is one of my most favorite things. I am reminded how many amazing people there are in my life. Birthday's are just so fun and should be celebrated. So let me buy you a balloon on your next birthday. Seriously, you'll be doing ME the favor (haha)!


So glad we were a part of that! My sides hurt from laughing :)
ReplyDelete