Your Nav Bar Here

3.23.2015

Annie Sloan Round 2


It's that time again. That time where I endorse Annie Sloan Chalk Paint like my life depended on it. If you remember last year, I blogged a post about an ugly coffee table I did and how easy it was. Just to recap, here are the reasons I love this paint:


  • totally avoid sanding, de-glossing, priming, sealing etc
  • I am able to paint in my house without dying of the stench
  • how fast the paint dries
  • the lustre look the wax gives


SO when my mother in-law was in town we decided to start tackling my kitchen table.
(I thought I got some good before pictures--guess not). 


























We decided with the colors duck egg and off white. Last year, I just used the clear wax. But we thought we would add some dark wax to this project to give it a little more rustic look.


Tip: the clear wax can act as an eraser if the dark wax comes on too strong for you. Just add the clear wax on top of it until you like the shade. Below you can see the dark wax added to the right side. I had to lighten it up quite a bit after I took this picture.






Then after the wax dries for 24 hours you can start buffing it uppp. It takes about 30 days for it to completely "cure."



I am still working on the chairs but so glad we no longer need to have a living room picnic for dinner. For more tips and detailed tutorial, check out my post from last year.







1 comment:

  1. You've inspired me! I'm going to try this on Sophie's dresser once we move. You'll have to give me lots of tips!

    ReplyDelete