Your Nav Bar Here

3.31.2015

False Alarm

When we first moved here we thought we would go to the beach at least once a week. That lasted about...a month. We don't always make it to the beach as much as we want but I feel like we have gone a lot lately and it's been wonderful. I just love where we live.


a juicy-juice and a sandy bum. what a life

"bye ball!"

This is my buddy Cam. He decided to pull the fire alarm at our church when we were over there the other night. The fire department never came and they didn't answer when I called so I had to quickly call 911 to get ahold of someone to come turn the alarm off. I felt bad calling, they always sound so panic-y (always like I call them all the time haha!). I can't imagine the emergencies they have to deal with on a daily basis.

operator: what is your emergency
me: hi it's actually not an emergency, we just had someone pull the fire alarm and we can't 
get it turned off 
operator: okay so a pole is on fire?
me: no somebody PULLED the fire alarm..

Some fire peeps finally showed up, passed out some hats, turned the lights on for us and showed off the huge hose. It was great the kids loved it. We just then had to make it clear to never do it again ha. It actually was a blessing that Cam pulled it because we found out our church's fire alarm isn't even set up properly which is why the fire department wasn't notified immediately. 


I don't know who was more excited, the kids or the sister missionaries :)

 Speaking of those darn cute sister missionaries. We lost another goodie a few weeks ago. They do such hard but great things with the best attitudes.


#bigthingsin2015 
This year is the year. I have always thought of taking my love for pictures to the next level. I finally gained some courage after I took my sisters bridals in the fall. I am going to start up a small little photography situation (see?! I can't even call it a business, just a situation haha). It's terrifying and if I ever think about it for longer than five minutes, I start doubting it big time. But I just have to hold onto the pure joy that I feel when I take pictures for people. It's literally a high for me. I am going to start out very small and take it as it comes (if it even comes). There is just so much room for an amateur like me in this area. Right now I am in the process of making a blog for it but I am still brainstorming a name. 

I was so excited when my friend asked me to take pictures of her kidlets. They each have their own personalities which makes it crazy a blast! And I'm obsessed with that little babe, it's ridiculous. 




1 comment:

  1. Stop calling it a situation! You've got talent... Embrace it!

    ReplyDelete