We haven't been able to find a place that tops The Parrot Key Hotel. They have these adorable little villas. The contrast of the turquoise and white colors are my favorite. The grounds and pools are gorgeous as well (no I don't work for them--just like talking about their hotel apparently).
We went to the Hemingway house while we were there. When Shaun and I went last year we passed on this so it was cool to see. I love old historic houses that they haven't changed or restored yet (so the Georgia plantations treated me well!!). The backyard/pool area was adorable. There were cats EVERYWHERE. I guess Ernest Hemingway loved them and had a bunch that would roam around, so they continue to be everywhere. Even on his bed. I hate cats but I was just so amazed at how many there were. People probably thought I was some cat lady because I kept taking their pictures (no really, I hatehate cats. I don't even know why I'm posting them on here).

We tried Pepe's cafe which is the oldest restaurant in Key West. And let's just say it LOOKED like the oldest restaurant in Key West. The food was surprisingly good though.
Speaking of food, I wanted to write these down somewhere so I know the next time I go there.
My absolute favorite places to eat are:
-Duetto Pizza and Gelato (the nicest Italian family owns this place. Highest rated Gelato)
-Paseo Restaurant (no idea that I would enjoy Caribbean food this much. Famous for their corn on the cob which they cover with so many different delicious toppings)
-La Creperie (very charming little french crepe cafe. Their crepe's are huge)
-Kermit's Key West Key Lime Shoppe (chocolate covered key lime pie. And we even tried all three key lime pie shop's while we were there so we know what's up!)
![]() |
| Front St. Key West |
![]() |
| Bonita Beach |
![]() |
| Marco Island |
![]() |
| Marco Island |











Beautiful pics as always! Looks like you guys had an amazing trip. If we ever make it back to key west, we will definitely be checking out that hotel!
ReplyDelete