The Valentines Day holiday was so overrated to me. I guess I shouldn't say was because I think it still IS. Although I don't think it is AS overrated as I used to think it was. {just reread that. confuses me. don't care to delete it.}
Shaun surprised me and took Valentines Day off! I was so excited. We didn't have huge plans but just being together all day long is so fun. I woke up to the smell of bacon and a Celine Dion song playing. I took off my eye mask {yes I sleep with one. so high maintenance but so needed} and there was my Valentine DRESSED UP with breakfast for me. Spoiled.
The day was productive. We cleaned the house "head to toe" which was great to have help during the day. And I was able to put up the Valentines display that I had planned for SJ for when he came home. Yes those pictures should be in a shape of a heart but better luck next time.
Celine Dion tickets came in the mail right in time for Valentines day since that was our present to each other this year (Celine..touchy subject. I'll explain later).
I made little goodies for some of our friends so before our dinner date we went around and delivered those. Which was great to throw in a little service activity to our day (I feel like service is the wrong word). I know there are so many good places to eat here in Georgia but I just get so scared to try them. Unless somebody tells me how amazing it is, I don't go in blindly so unfortunately we end up at chain-restuarants. Which doesn't bother me because we all know I'm in love with California Pizza Kitchen! I wanted to dress up pretty because lets get real, that makes everything feel more special right?
SO grateful for my Valentine. I'm so glad that he took the day off to spend with me on this overrated holiday. I hope everybody had a good day of L O V E!



Adorable. I like the dark hair!
ReplyDelete