Your Nav Bar Here

10.30.2012

Disneyland in a 15-passenger beast.

Well the trip that I had been waiting for, for quite some time happened. Those that know me well know that I will turn up a trip to Europe for Disneyland any day (wow this is looking pathetic). I'm obsessed. So when the talks of a family vacation to Disneyland was in the works, Nicole was a happy person. It also was a great end to my month long October vacation (which we'll talk about later).

So when we found out that SJ would be making the road trip, a big van was purchased so all 8 & a baby could fit. I guess when I heard those numbers, I should have known that the thing was going to be massive. Truth is, we didn't know how monstrous the thing was until Audrey came home with it and it wouldn't fit in the garage. 15 passenger all the way. The St George polygamists loved us. 

{yes the boys did deck the van out with all the electronics it could hold}







Usually in groups, you find that some don't really like sitting in the long line for the characters. I was so glad this wasn't the case because I wasn't leaving without a Mickey shot. Yes there may have been some annoyances with me and my OCD photographing behavior, but it was appreciated in the end!



To split up the long Disney days, we made our way to HOLLYWOOD. Which is not what it's cracked up to be. Although it is a must to do at least once in your life. I stuck with my old timers such as Julie Andrews, Dick Van Dyke, Harrison Ford, & Cary Grant. It's sad that I sometimes feel like the hollywood stars are lame now. Our dear William is making it big out in LA so he met up with us for lunch. He loved showing us tourists around I'm sure. 



Beach day was fun. Hunington feels like home so I was glad we chose there to go. My nephew looked smokin' in his attire and the boys had fun boogie boarding. And we ended the night stuffing our faces with pazooki's at BJ's. 





Audrey was getting knee surgery the day after we got back so she was in need of some assistance. We probably got the most out of that scooter. And definitely got the most laughs. Seeing the person zoom off into the crowd. My personal favorite was the gigantic RENT ME sign on the front of it.



My memory card is full of this little man.





One of the best things that has ever happened was when they invented Magic Morning. Where you can go an hour earlier into the park. I couldn't believe how completely empty everything was. I have gone before but it was never that empty. This was our last day and everyone was kind of beat from the rest of the week so I was so happy that SJ & I got to just go and experience disneyland with NOBODY in sight. . .
...except Fred on space mt. He loved us kissing.


Flight back to Georgia was bittersweet but I think very much needed. I love family and am so grateful that I will always have them. But it's great to get back to life here and sleep in my own bed. And just right in time to see the leaves changing! Fall has spoiled me. And so did Disneyland. Life is amazing. 

1 comment:

  1. I was just at Disneyland too! :) We had lunch with that same Snow White! My niece was about to pass out...it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete