Granada was just an hour away from Antequera so once we finished there for the day, we spent the night in Granada. We woke up the next morning and headed to church. Shaun was so happy to see all the changes that has happened since he had been in that city. They used to have church on the first floor of a small apartment and now they have this beautiful building to meet in. When we walked in, primary was going on and the door to their room was open. I recognized the tune they were singing as "I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ" I almost lost it! It was the sweetest thing. It was fast and testimony meeting so Shaun got up and bore his testimony. He said (I found out later since it was in Spanish) how he served in Granada ten years ago but at that time his Spanish was awful so he rarely talked to anyone. Right after, a brand new missionary got up and very slowly began.. in a harsh english accent:
Hola. Yo... soy... nuevo.. misionero..
(Hi. I am a missionary..)
The contrast of the two had everybody kind of laughing. He was illustrating what Shaun had just explained to the congregation. I am sure he had no idea what Shaun had just said either. Good sport.
![]() |
| I don't know why my hand always ends up on the side of Sj's head |
![]() |
| Any Avengers fans? You know that dish called shawarma they get at the end? It was DELICIOUS. |
The rest of the day was exploring the grounds of this beautiful palace & fortress called The Alhambra. It was a palace in the 1300's. It is one of the examples of Muslim art in its final European stages (you can tell by the different style of archways). There are arabic inscriptions throughout the walls. Beautiful landmark.


![]() |
| I remember just thinking this shot was so hilarious. You are so tired that you find any open space to sit down. So you just kind of invade people's space in order to get the photo-op. |
![]() |
| Arch ways in this place reminded me of Aladdin |
![]() |
| This bench entertained us longer than it should have |
After exploring the grounds we made our way with the rest of the crowd to the lookout spot to watch the Alhambra light up at sunset.

{getting pretty desperate for soundtracks as you can tell. I'll put more effort in for day 5}


























No comments:
Post a Comment