I love Valentines Day.
I really like any holiday that I can decorate for.
Usually I do a table display of some kind for V-day, and Dollar Tree really treated us right this year.
Shaun was so busy with work that I said I would be in charge of Valentines and he would be in charge of our anniversary next month. I did a little gift each day for him to open which was fun for both of us. Nothing too huge: his favorite treats, breakfast to-go while he drives around, basketball shorts, some cologne etc. The night of Valentines I got an amazing recommendation from one of our friends for the best steak in town. A little background on us: I never let us go anywhere that doesn't have pizza or hamburgers which means that their steak {if it's even an option} is not good at all. So this was nice for Shaun to go to a snazzy place. He said it was the best steak he's ever had! Mission accomplished. Also, I bought an outfit for SJ to wear out to dinner. That was really one of his gifts to me, because it wasn't his normal style. I think he was surprised how much he liked it though. More cardigans, skinny ties, and skinny jeans please!
We came back to the house and made ice cream sundaes which were delicious! When was the last time you have had one of those? I offered to watch one of Shaun's action thrillers that he loves, but was delightfully surprised when he said we could watch my favorite "An Affair to Remember." I hope everybody has seen that in their lifetime. Grab some tissues. SJ surprised me and whipped out a new phone for me to unwrap! I have a very old iPhone 4 which is so frustrating for him to watch me use because of how slow it is. Deep down, the new phone was a gift for him as well :)
It was such a beautiful day with my Valentine. I realized this year that everyday can be Valentines day if you really take the time to appreciate the love you have for your spouse. What a great thought.


No comments:
Post a Comment